I have so many feels about the 10th Kingdom, guys
Like you don’t even fucking know
tough as nails woman who knows what she wants and goes out to get it. who doesn’t let people push her around. who gets scared but still fights back. who is so so so solidly the ‘alpha male’ of the motley crew. who is a Strong Female Character but still completely a girl. she likes dogs! she wants to open an restaurant! her dad is a bit of a doofus but she loves him!
she went through a really horrific experience as a young girl and by god it didn’t break her, it tempered her into fucking steel
omg I’ve never connected so much with a character. Virginia is flawed and perfect for it. She’s catty and sometimes cruel and mistrustful but you can see why and she has right to be and
the rest of the characters are also phenomenal. I mean, Wolf is a fascinating character and I love how many times he swaps sides and how fluid his agenda is. and Tony is an actual everyman and that’s so weird to see on TV. and THE QUEEEEEEEEEEN LDSJGSHDGIUJHSRI
but mostly Virginia guys
Oh man. My 10th Kingdom feels are vast and numerous, and I totally agree with how amaaaazing Virginia is.
Seriously, if any of you out there like the fantasy genre, like, at all, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE 10TH KINGDOM. It’s about how the fairy tales told by the Brothers Grimm actually happened in another world (with 9 kingdoms) that is connected to our world (the 10th kingdom, get it) through these magic mirrors. Virginia’s this badass chick from New York that gets pulled through a mirror…
And the dvd has this fucking fascinating world-building info that doesn’t come up in the mini-series. Like, how one of the kingdoms is in constant civil war; the North ruled by Red Riding Hood III and the South by Gretel the Great. Oh! And apparently Wolf is the grandson of the original Red Riding Hood! He’s got a legit claim to the throne, that could have been really interesting. My god, I wish they’d gone into that in the mini-series.
Wolf: Virginia, please forgive me! I-I didn’t mean to be so rude, it’s just that my-my cycle is-is coming on! You see, once a month, I get very irrational and angry and I just wanna pick a fight with anyone who comes near me!
Virginia: That sounds familiar.
- your-everyday-obsessionist likes this
- hopelessderp reblogged this from robinade
- knivesandirony reblogged this from robinade
- mooglets likes this
- thebeatofmyowndrum likes this
- dont-touch-lola reblogged this from robinade
- robinade reblogged this from lucyzephyr
- ramblethrough reblogged this from robinade
- ramblethrough likes this
- an-innocent-bystander reblogged this from robinade
- an-innocent-bystander likes this
- thebarbiefactory likes this
- twigfingers reblogged this from mooglets and added:
- robkaas reblogged this from jaeger-delta and added:
- jaeger-delta reblogged this from mooglets and added:
- mooglets reblogged this from robinade and added:
- lucyzephyr reblogged this from holycrapaghost and added:
- holycrapaghost reblogged this from robinade and added:
- holycrapaghost likes this
- aquilacat reblogged this from sweethufflepuff
- aquilacat likes this
- urdnotdanie likes this
- sweethufflepuff reblogged this from robinade
- sweethufflepuff likes this
- beedogkimono likes this
- lucyzephyr likes this
- quinngrey reblogged this from robinade and added:
- quinngrey likes this
- trinsghost likes this
- pretendalien likes this
- willownight179 likes this
- aboard-ss-shakarian likes this
- b00sauce said:… am now digging through boxes for my DVDs because I suddenly have alot of 10th Kingdom feels.
- b00sauce likes this
- crestas likes this