THOR DRESS PROGRESS UPDATE!
It’s going well, haha. I had a few issues so far, like thinking my machine was dead for five hours yesterday (turns out the bobbin was slightly the wrong size which was causing the bobbin casing to come out and the needle to hit it and break/bend—I lost about five needles but I know what the problem is now and that’s what counts!) and sewing half the bodice backwards… >.>;;;
BUT I’m close to being done! I need one more run to the fabric store to get a zipper (I decided to just do a big zipper down the front because that’s kind of what it looks like and I hate hate hate putting in invisible zipper plus since the top is a vest pattern it’s easier to have it close in the front) and then I can put the zipper in, make and attatch the red straps, and whip up the skirt.
I ended up using a skirt and vest pattern instead of looking for a dress pattern, because the bodice is so separate looking from the skirt. It was also so much easier to modify for this dress. I drew the armor lines onto the fabric with a fabric marker because I got the silver fabric for free and there’s no way I was going to give that up just to find silver fabric with that pattern on it. I also have buttons that I need to cover, but they may be too small so I may be buying new buttons as well. I also need to get a glue gun to cover the buttons, haha. So yeah, here’s some progress pictures. I’ll post one of me actually wearing the bodice later tonight once I get the straps and zipper on—I’m waiting to adjust it any more until I get that zipper.
Oh and if you can’t remember or don’t know what dress I’m talking about, this is what I’m supposed to be making, art by robinade!
YOU GUYS. OMG, LOOK SHE’S MAKING IT!