MY REACTION TO THE TEEN WOLF SEASON 3 TRAILER
Star Trek: Into Darkness thoughts:
- What exactly was the point of having Benedict Crumblebatch be Khan? They don’t really do much with the fact that he’s genetically engineered, aside from somehow having magic healing blood and being super strong and stuff. They never even mention the Eugenics War by name! If they really HAD to have Benedict as the main villain, it would make so much more sense (and involve less gross whitewashing) for him to be Khan’s second-in-command as John Harrison. Then you’d have more of an intimidation factor for Khan—if this dude is so hardcore just imagine how batshit crazy his boss would be! That last shot of the camera looking over the cryopods would pan over John Harrison’s face and then super-slo-mo over to a CGI Ricardo Montalbán.
- Speaking of magic healing blood, my headcanon for Bones insisting on John Harrison being captured alive has more to do with him trying to stop Spock from committing murder then the properties of the blood. Seriously, John Harrison implied that the whole crew is genetically engineered to be superior like him. And with Jim in cryostasis, Bones has the time to check and see if the dude they cracked out of the pod has the same chance of saving Jim. But I think that Bones was aware that a morally pacifist Spock would ultimately come to regret murdering him.
- Also that part where Jim didn’t remember Christine Chapel was totally gross and wrong on so many levels. A) Makes Jim a womanizing sleazebag instead of a dude who enjoys lots of no-strings-attached sex with enthusiastically consenting participants; B)Implies that only men can have no-strings-attached sex because women always get clingy and want to make it a relationship and ultimately lose their shit when the guy leaves; C) Erasure of a well-known female character, because it’s not like JJ’s Trek has so many that we can afford to lose yet another one
- Pike’s unfortunate sideburns. I think maybe the producers didn’t appreciate Bruce Greenwood stealing the limelight from Chris Pine in the first movie and came up with a way to tone down his silver fox hotness.
- Zachary Quinto, A+ job on Spock’s amazing levels of sass
- Jim and Uhura getting together to bitch about Spock, 10 million more moments of this please
Things I’d like to see more of:
- Bones and Spock getting together to bitch about Jim
- Bones and Uhura bitching about everybody
- Bones bitching
- Chekov growling at anyone who mentions engineering to him for the next three months
- Sulu being fucking fabulous
- Sulu fencing
Okay can we talk about how Elementary totally fucking subverted the idea of fridging a woman for Sherlock’s manpain
BECAUSE OH MY GOD
like the one major thing I was pressed with the show about was fridging Irene and then it turns out she’s not dead and I’m like omg yay show!!! IRENE!!!
I feel like they could remake that whole movie from Chekov’s point of view.
The title would be THIS IS NOT MY JOB! and it would just be two hours of Chekov running around the warp core with his little goggles as everything goes to shit all around him.